2. My dad taught me how to move the pieces when I was very young, but I really started playing complete games of chess during my last semester at college.
3. I enjoy working through tactical puzzles.
4. My final semester at college, I was playing chess with my roommate's friend, and won three games against him. After that, I decided I loved chess, and started to ask more friends to play with me.
5. This summer, it's been fun to see the kids at Kew Forest start out with almost no knowledge of chess, and then begin to really enjoy playing!
6. At my other job, I help kids with their art projects. Often, my two jobs overlap. Chess kids want to start art projects during chess class, and kids in art class ask about my chess t-shirt and want to talk about chess.