Start Your Summer Off Right
WORLD CLASS TRAINING™
Location: The famous IS 318
Competitive training for the USA’s top Chess Prospects.
Led by World Famous Guest GM Marian Petrov.
His First Time in the U.S.
Our World Class Training Camp will push participants to the next level. Sessions will focus on competitive diabolical Chess with outside-the-box training that will surely keep participants wanting more.
Online Attendance ONLY Options Available
Starts July 6th!
NEW OFFER FOR ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS: Starting July 12th, first-time players can work with a master trainer.
*Ages: 12+ or special accommodations made to participants with a USCF rating over 1200, Seats are limited.
Fun & Training Camps™
For absolute beginners and advanced beginners in the game of chess.
GM Inspired TAG™
Tactical training in a more competitive and sporting environment for Chess players. While still Chess NYC FUN, this is a serious one.
Summer STE(A)M Camps inspires students to further their education in Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math.
Uptown camps begin Monday 6/28
All In Person Camp Session Times:
Monday – Friday
- Regular Camp Day: 8:45 – 5:15
- Half Day AM: 8:45 – 1:00
- Half Day PM: 1:00 – 5:15
- Extended Day Drop Off: 8:00 – 8:44
- Extended Day Pick Up: 5:16 – 6:00 (Able to stay for rated play)
Village Chess @ Zinc
82 West 3rd Street
The Coolest Camps in the world take place here in the heart of Greenwich Village. Chess training and play takes place in our Chess Club by Day (Jazz Club @ Night!) and outdoor play in the World Famous Washington Square Park, just (1) block away…Cooling runs through the fountain are a highlight of the days of Summer! This Boutique Camp is capped @ 40 Kids and is subject to selling out Only the “Cool” need apply
*While our Zinc location is being remodeled, we will be escorting students to our Camp Williamsburg location. Please contact us for any questions.
PS 183 Upper East Side
419 East 66th Street
Hosted in the friendly confines of PS 183, this Upper East Side location enjoys a terrific playing area, gymnasium, playground and (during the Summer) a dunk tank! (don’t tell the kids, they think it’s a pool) The Camp takes place on the grounds of the school except for our 1 block sojourn to the Park and an end of day (Ice Cream) treat.
Chess @ Williamsburg Tutoring
60 Broadway, Brooklyn, NY 1249
Located in the heart of the trendiest part of NYC, Williamsburg Brooklyn, Chess training and play takes place in our Williamsburg Tutoring Center. When students aren’t challenging their minds with Chess, they will sojourn to Domino Park, splash in the water, run through the park, and maybe even play some volleyball between the hipsters and artists in the community. Pizza and ice cream of course!
FasTracKids @ Williamsburg
60 Broadway, Brooklyn NY
Hosted in the state of the art facility of FasTracKids, this Williamsburg location enjoys terrific playing areas, high end technology and (2) terrific local Parks for breaks. Comfort and space make for great Chess and of course…a little Ice Cream helps too!
Camp Options 3 Locations: PS 183, Zinc/Village Chess & Williamsburg Tutoring:
- Fun & Training
- PS 183: Hosted in the friendly confines of PS 183, this Upper East Side location enjoys a terrific playing area, gymnasium, playground and (during the Summer) a dunk tank!.(don’t tell the kids, they think it’s a pool) The Camp takes place on the grounds of the school except for our 1 block sojourn for an end of day (Ice Cream) treat. * Sibling Discount save 20% on the second child. Use Coupon Code: Sibling * Financial Assistance Available for all Chess NYC group programs**Early drop off and late pick-up will appear during the transaction, so please select the option there**
- Zinc/Village Chess: The Coolest Camps in the world take place here in the heart of Greenwich Village.
Chess training and play takes place in our Chess Club by Day (Jazz Club @ Night!) and outdoor play in the World Famous Washington Square Park, just (1) block away…Cooling runs through the fountain are a highlight of the days of Summer! This Boutique Camp is capped @ 40 Kids and is subject to selling out
Only the “Cool” need apply* Sibling Discount save 20% on second child. Use Coupon Code: Sibling *
Financial Assistance Available for all Chess NYC group programs
- GM Inspired TAG – Diabolical Training An even more competitive and sporting environment for Chess players promises to be life changing for those committed to play. While still Chess NYC FUN, this is a serious one, only those committed to successfully competing in the game of Chess should enroll in this more rigorous opportunity. Day to day coaching will be provided by GMs and a host of other Masters, Candidate Masters and Super Expert Chess NYC Coaches! Exciting special guests stop by too! A day or week of rigorous coaching, Chess play and social time will prepare everyone to be their very (Chess) best and provide a decided edge on the competition…Guaranteed.*****Lesson standards will be based on a 300 point higher USCF rating than the highest rated Player in the Group.*****
Train to excel!
8:45 – 9:15 Drop off – Settling in time
9:15 – 10:00 Chess coaching, evaluation & grouping
10:00 -11:30 Chess group activities. (coaching, play & more!)
11:30 – 1:00 Stations (games, gym, playground… always chess!) and lunch!
1:00 – 2:30 Chess Group Activities (coaching, play & more!)
2:30 – 4:00 Stations (games, gym, playground…always chess!) & ice cream!
4:00 – 5:15 Social time, chess recap, and acknowledgments!
4:45 – 5:15 Pick Up
* Half Days are @ 8:45 AM – 1:00 PM or 1:00 PM – 5:15 PM Same Sites ; )
* Masks required during all indoor activities. CDC guidelines are strictly enforced.
* Please advise us of any special needs or allergies your child may have and confirm your contact information on site@ Drop Off.
* Chess NYC Camps are nut free, no nuts, peanut butter…or anything else “nutty”. Thanks
* Chess Players should check in with $8 for Lunch($5) 11:30 am and Ice Cream($3) approximately 3:30 pm OR have a packed lunch/snack (AGAIN…no nuts, Please)
* Seasonally, Chess Players should have a sweater and warm jacket or change of clothes, sunscreen and towels…cause, weather permitting, we are heading outside too!
* The main telephone # to reach Camp Staff FOR ALL CAMPS is: 212.475.8130
* Please note, while our goal is to get the kids maximum outdoor play too, the length of time will be dictated by weather. No one will come home ill…just happy, better Chess —